Thursday, December 10, 2009

Why do I get so mad ?

What can I do to avoid being frustrated at work. Without getting into too many details, I work in a big company (approx 1,000 people), and there are a few co workers who perform the same job I do, but in different areas of our company. How can I stop being frustrated when they don't do their job? I take pride in what I do, I actually show up to work on time, take my alloted time for lunch, and don't leave early. A few of these other co-workers of mine just don't seem to care and it's aggravating. There are projects that our company has to perform, but there doesn't seem to be any pride or urgency in things we have to do. I think it makes our company look bad when we turn things in late, have this "I don't care" attitude everytime we get tasked. We all make good money, and I'm very, very grateful I have this job, but these other people are frustrating with their lack of seriousness about the job.



What can I do to reduce my frustration with these co-workers?



Why do I get so mad ?state theatre



Well, the biggest thing is to just relax. Your employer tolerates these people who aren't working, and you should. Take a deep breath and focus on your tasks and try not to worry about the others. It is demoralizing.



The big question is - does their non-work affect you? I mean, are you expected to pick up the slack? If so, start documenting instances. When you can prove a clear pattern, talk with your manager. Ask him/her about the situation and what to do. Moreover, you want to show that you are a serious worker, and that you will be compensated for your diligence and effort.



Why do I get so mad ?theater opera theater



use a consultant....



and ask manager to promote based on performance.



it works...
You have to worry about you and stop worrying about them. As long as you keep your side of the street clean, you can rest easy knowing that you've done the best you can.



You cannot control the poor work of others unless they're your direct reports. So let it go. Stop worrying about them and just continue to do a good job yourself.
Maybe you should talk to management and express your feelings. If others aren't doing their job properly, then why should they be getting the same pay as you? It can be very aggravating, I understand. Alos, maybe you can look into some stress management so this doesn't take a toll on your body.
You could discuss these concerns with the union bosses if there is a union or with your supervisor who may in turn talk with the other supervisors to whom the other workers are reporting. Don't take it personally, it is the management which has to bother about these things. And don't slacken your conduct because of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd